Serving Clients in California and Nationwide
An Overview of Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that is caused by exposure to asbestos. Like any cancer, mesothelioma will spread and cause tremendous damage throughout the body if given enough time. Mesothelioma litigation is particularly challenging because of the time that can lapse between contracting the disease and the appearance of determinative symptoms. It is essential to work with a law firm that focuses on this type of personal injury claim so that you can obtain the full compensation available to you.
The lawyers of Kaiser Gornick LLP in San Francisco Bay Area have extensive experience handling mesothelioma claims. We have obtained substantial compensation for our clients in successful verdicts and settlements. If you or someone you love has contracted mesothelioma, contact us to schedule a free initial consultation.
Types of Mesothelioma
There are three main types of mesothelioma, determined by the area of the body in which the disease begins:
- Pleural Mesothelioma — The most common form of mesothelioma cancer, pleural mesothelioma involves asbestos fibers in the victim's lungs.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma — Peritoneal mesothelioma attacks the membranous layer, called the peritoneum, which supports and protects the abdominal cavity.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma — Although pericardial mesothelioma is rarer, it can be particularly devastating as the cancer gets into the blood stream and the pericardium, or heart lining.
Kaiser Gornick LLP – California Attorneys Helping You
Victims who are suffering from mesothelioma often require extensive, ongoing care. At Kaiser Gornick LLP, we are committed to helping you in any way we can with every aspect of your mesothelioma case:
- Causes of Mesothelioma: The primary cause of mesothelioma in almost every case is exposure to asbestos. It is important to understand the risk factors of mesothelioma, spot the symptoms and understand the various stages in the timeline of mesothelioma development.
- Diagnosis and treatment of mesothelioma: Because mesothelioma becomes increasingly devastating as it spreads throughout the body, it is important to obtain a diagnosis and begin exploring your treatment options as early as possible.
- Living With Mesothelioma: Living with mesothelioma involves challenges in all aspects of life: physical, medical, emotional, occupational and personal. One of the most challenging aspects of living with mesothelioma is the financial burden caused by medical bills and lost wages. We can file a claim to help you obtain compensation for lost wages, medical bills and the pain and suffering you have suffered as a result of contracting mesothelioma.
Legal Resources for Mesothelioma Patients and Families
At Kaiser Gornick LLP, our lawyers provide compassionate representation to mesothelioma victims and their families from our several offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. Our lawyers have extensive experience helping clients obtain the fair compensation they deserve.
Contact us at (800) 824-8234 to speak with an attorney or schedule a free initial consultation online.