Jeff Kaiser has litigated defective product cases for over 20 years, representing clients throughout the United States. Jeff has trial expertise and has argued appeals in both state and federal courts. As manager of the firm’s mesothelioma practice, he oversees each case from initial client introduction to trial or settlement.
Jeff understands that litigation can be stressful for clients. As such, he does everything possible to make the process more comfortable by staying personally involved in the cases and by having regular contact with clients. During his career Jeff has gained a reputation for conducting focused and aggressive discovery against corporations who have manufactured defective products. These efforts level the playing field and position the case for the best possible resolution.
Jeff has personally negotiated multiple eight-figure settlements in individual cases during his career and has resolved hundreds of cases. In recognition of his work in representing individuals harmed by defective products, Jeff is regularly selected to the list of Northern California Super Lawyers®. Jeff has also received an AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating possible given by the attorney rating firm. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is an invitation-only organization exclusive to attorneys with settlements or verdicts in excess of $1 million.
As a recognized authority on product liability, he is also often asked to speak at conferences on issues related to mesothelioma and defective product litigation and to share his experience with other lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Mesothelioma Cases
- Defective Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Cases
- Catastrophic Personal Injury Cases
- Consumer Class Action Cases
- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California
- J.D. – 1992
- Honors: Recipient, Jamison Award for Scholarship and Advocacy
- San Francisco State University
- B.A. magna cum laude – 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Kaiser Gornick LLP, Partner, 2011 to Present
- Levin Simes Kaiser Gornick LLP, Partner, 2003 – 2011
- Brobeck Phleger & Harrison LLP, Partner, 2000 – 2003
- Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP, Associate, 1992 – 2000