Illnesses Caused by ACTOS
Although countless patients have taken ACTOS as a remedy for type 2 diabetes, it is not without serious problems and side effects. Researchers discovered the increased instances of bladder cancer and cardiovascular problems for ACTOS users almost immediately after Takeda Pharmaceuticals presented the drug onto the market. The risks are so magnified that the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) issued a black-box warning, one step from total recall of the product.
At Kaiser Gornick LLP, we have extensive experience obtaining compensation for clients in California and throughout the country who have suffered serious illnesses and lost family members due to ACTOS. Our San Francisco defective pharmaceutical litigation attorneys have faced large pharmaceutical companies, and we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Bladder Cancer Treatment Options
Depending on the degree to which bladder cancer caused by ACTOS has advanced, treatments for bladder cancer can include:
- Chemotherapy – a commonly used drug-based solution that involves a cyclical medication approach and involves significantly discomforting side effects
- Radiation therapy – another common method, often used in conjunction with chemotherapy, in which high-energy rays are aimed at the infected area in order to kill the cancer cells growing there
- Transurethral resection (TUR) – burning and destroying the cancer cells with a carefully inserted cystoscope
- Biological therapy – a method commonly used in conjunction with TUR which involves the insertion of bacteria to heighten the body's natural ability to fight off the cancer
- Surgery – removing the infected area, often including complete removal of the entire bladder and prostate or uterus
Cardiovascular Treatment Options
There are multiple cardiovascular problems associated with ACTOS, each with different approaches to treatment and recovery. Some examples of treatment options include:
- Heart surgery
- Laser surgery
- Dietary and lifestyle changes
Compensation for Illnesses Caused by ACTOS
If you have suffered bladder cancer or cardiovascular problems as a result of ACTOS, you should not have to shoulder the significant financial burden alone. Takeda Pharmaceuticals, the company that manufactures ACTOS, should be held responsible for the damages caused by its product.
You can talk with a lawyer from our firm free of charge, to learn more about the legal options available to you for seeking compensation. Call 800-824-8234 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with an attorney from our firm.